Friday 27 April 2012

Painted Review of Caesar British

This is my second painted/based review of 1/72 plastic WW2 British infantry. Last post we had the new Airfix British set, this week it's the Caesar British.
This set has been reviewed in its bare plastic form on Plastic Soldier Review here. I will not attempt to duplicate the information found on this excellent site, rather I want to give you an idea of what they look like "Painted Up".
 My personal opinion is that this is an excellent set with loads of crisp, fine detail and decent human proportions. They also size up well against Airfix, Plastic Soldier Company and AB.
My only beef would be that there are four blokes with flamethrowers, which seems about three too many IMO. Bit puzzled why they went for the "bobble" on the officers beret, but that was easily dealt with by a blade.
They were great fun to paint, but I probably took a bit longer with them than I normally would owing to the fine creases and extra detail.
So if you are starting a British force this would be a great box to start with, along with the PSC set to give a pretty good selection for your basic infantry platoons- apart from a 2 inch mortar (that's what they could have done instead of the extra flamethrowers).
Here are the pictures. Please note that the officer was already mounted in the White Scout Car when I took my photos, so I have cropped the Scout Car images. The figure next to the bren gunner is not from Caesar, but a slightly converted Italeri figure.






8 comments:

  1. Great painting and the figures do look pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worth the time and the effort mate!
    Great work!
    T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice work there mate. Outstanding, in point of fact!

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smashing work Jacksarge. They have a natural look about them.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right Paul, the sculpting and proportions seem excellent.

      Delete

17th Century Characters...mostly

 Here are some 17th Century character miniatures I finished recently.  28mm metal, mostly from Wargamer Poland: https://sklep.wargamer.pl/gb...