Saturday 14 July 2012

1/72 British Commandos 1944

I have finished my first batch of 20mm - 1/72 British Commandos for 1944/45.
This first lot include metal and plastic figures. Most of the plastic figures are conversions, basically head swaps, weapon swaps & one with a different arm.

Group Shot


Group Shot


The Plastic Commandos






The closest bloke is a Plastic Soldier Company body with a head from HaT British Tank Riders set, plus a paper rifle strap was added.


The officer chappy with the Sten & binoculars is a new Airfix British figure with a head I chopped off some cheap Hong Kong minis I picked up on Trade Me- his arm, with Sten, was donated from another plastic figure.


The kneeling figure was from Italeri with a head replacement & a Sten replaced with a metal Sgts Mess rifle with paper rifle strap.


Italeri figure, no conversions here.


Figure on far left is Airfix with head swap.


Lovely metal minis from Wartime Miniatures. They were meant to have Tam-o-Shanters, but I just filed them down to make them look like berets.






The next few figures are from Battlefield/Blitz range of metal miniatures.


I really like the Bergen pack on this bloke, looks cool.










I have some more Battlefield/Blitz figures yet to paint, plus Dan Dunbar is making me a section of commandos, plus I may lash out and buy the AB Commando section, and finally, I may do some more headswap conversions.

16 comments:

  1. Better then mine, well done JS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan, I still say your stuff is brilliant- but I really appreciate your kind comments.

      Delete
  2. Damned fine looking unit Sarge! Good work that man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Steve, let's hope they perform well in battle :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful work, the details such as the shoulder flashes are fantastic. Way out of my league John.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yer..I like shoulder patches, as you've noticed. Thanks for the kind words Paul, it's always great to get a bit of encouragement.

      Delete
  4. Now they're cool. Beautiful work, as always. Any chance you could get the pictures a bit bigger?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're up late, must be 12.15 in NZ.
      The pictures should come up bigger if you click on them or right click & open in new tab.
      I guess I reduce them a bit so that they will be easier to upload as we have poor bandwidth here. :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, just back from a Spearhead game. Lesson learnt? Uncontested enemy artillery fire in the open supporting an assault on a town sector is deadly! Get me some counter battery assets!

      And, umm, well, no they don't...no worries though, they still look lovely!

      Delete
  5. Some very nice looking figures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent conversions, nice combination, terrific painting!
    Well done Jack!:):):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thanos, nice to have you back- have you been on holidays?
      Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  7. I've come over via a link at Thano's blog. These are some nice conversions here and the basing is terrific as well. Nice brushwork!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou Anne for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete

17th Century Characters...mostly

 Here are some 17th Century character miniatures I finished recently.  28mm metal, mostly from Wargamer Poland: https://sklep.wargamer.pl/gb...