Saturday 25 January 2014

Fair Dinkum! More Wartime British

G'day all,

As you may have gathered by now I am something of a fan of the Wartime Miniatures ranges, particularly their WW2 British - and they are an Australian based operation, which is a bonus for Antipodeans like me :)
I have painted my way through all of the packs in their Mid/Late War British range and thought I would share some more photos of them.


 
Officer, NCO, & Radio Operator


 
 
Wee lads from a Highland Regiment


  

PIAT team, Mine Detector, & Flamethrower

I 've painted leather gloves on the F/T operator as I
figured his hands were in danger of getting scorched

One very minor gripe, but easily fixed with greenstuff, is that the
Mine Detector could do with a counterweight on the end.

The PIAT loader carries lots of extra munitions


Prone Bren team & Rifleman

 
The figure with the Bren Gunner is holding out a Bren ammo clip

Wartime have produced some great figures here, many of which I would consider to be on par with AB stuff. Do yourself a favour and check out the range :)


10 comments:

  1. Antipodean! lol mate, they used to love calling me that when I was a Marine, I actually been working with them for about three years before I found out what it meant :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yer, apparently applies to Australians and New Zealanders being at the "ends of the earth".

      Delete
  2. Great work John, as always. 'Specially like the sniper. From a fellow Antipodean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. Yes a nice wee figure from Wartime that prone rifleman.

      Delete
  3. Brilliant painting as always mate, they look fab. The shoulder patches are superb.. Matt does a cracking job with the figures doesn't he.
    Ben

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ben.
      Totally agree with you on the Wartime stuff :)

      Delete
  4. I do like the paint job and the background is lush and well done too
    I think you have the balance right between the figures popping and been camouflaged. Great work as per usual, I do envy you at the moment been in a cooler place than South Australia. Regards David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words David.
      Yeah, I don't envy you the high temperatures you've been having in SA.

      Delete
  5. Great looking selection there. Always a pleasure to see your work on the Brits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Alan, glad you liked them - yer, slight British Army fixation :)

      Delete

17th Century Characters...mostly

 Here are some 17th Century character miniatures I finished recently.  28mm metal, mostly from Wargamer Poland: https://sklep.wargamer.pl/gb...