Thursday 18 February 2016

WW2 Japanese...Work in Progress

G'day all,
here's some pictures from the next big project I'm undertaking. It includes figures from three different nations in two different scales, but all from one manufacturer :-)
These are very much work in progress shots, so are not as tidy as my other photos. The miniatures are from a new range about to be released by Wartime Miniatures, and are 28mm Japanese for WW2. They go really well with their range of 28mm Australians, which I have painted quite a few of - same sculptor by the looks of 'em. I won't be doing the basing for these, Mathew from Wartime will sort that out. I plan to do better pictures later, so please don't be put off by the messy workbench :)





I'm finding 28mm easier to paint than 20mm at the moment. I'm doing a bunch of 20mm for this project too, and they seem to be taking me as long as the 28's - plus I have to wear my headband magnifier a lot of the time. Ah well.

I hope you like the look of the Japanese. I'm happy to answer questions about what colours I used.

All the best,
John.

3 comments:

  1. Nice work John. I'd like to see them 20s you mentioned, even a comparison shot or two...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah sorry, my sentences may have been misleading - the 20mm stuff are actually German Volkssturm, you know, "the final levy" sort of stuff?

      Delete
  2. Hey, cheers Rodger. They should look better once I get some proper pics done :)

    ReplyDelete

17th Century Characters...mostly

 Here are some 17th Century character miniatures I finished recently.  28mm metal, mostly from Wargamer Poland: https://sklep.wargamer.pl/gb...